Sunday, January 20, 2013

How to decorate with art



When I bought my first painting, my then designer wasn't very happy with my purchase and gave me a whole lesson on "how my new art work mess up his color palette".  Admittedly, it was a challenging piece to work with.



That was the first time I even have the faintest concept about color coordination between your art work and the rest of the color scheme.

I still don't go about buying my paintings based on its suitability. It is personal, without reasons, and most of the time impulsive and unplanned.

Having said that picking a color tone from your largest piece of wall art and matching it with small details is a straight forward yet effective way of home decoration.  It is easy to do and quick to impress.

Here are some examples of matching designs.






















No comments:

Post a Comment