Friday, January 4, 2013

Back to Black

I am 30 week pregnant today. One of my colleague said that she loved being pregnant. She is of course insane. There is nothing good about being pregnant. Surely I appreciate the outcome, but the process is nothing but a drag. I have never had such unenjoyable Christmas holiday/2 week work leave in my life. The only thing I have been drinking was herbal tea and even that, some research has suggested may cause miscarriage. Screw that.

At one point I was even looking forward to going back to work on Monday.



In the name of holism, many great ideas have to be abandoned to form a wholesome design. One thing I struggled for a long time was black steel or white windows. I stayed on the safe side to go with white at the end but still having these internal battles from time to time.

I was hugely inspired by Peggy Bels, who is a Parisian interior designer for many great residential projects as well as Petit Bazaar. I admire the fact that she isn't confined by the small space in Hong Kong. Her specialty is creating a contemporary style by using black steel windows for external and internal walls, bright colors or black.

This is one example:









More photos from other sources:
Black steel with concrete and bricks instantly gives an industrial and rustic feel.




Also work well with modern chic design.







A mix of white external window and black internal window. This room has a classic touch.



Maybe it isn't too late for me to go 'back to black'.

No comments:

Post a Comment