Monday, January 14, 2013

Its either black or white 黑白分明

Monday is always hard. I got up late. Rushed to work. Had a disastrous haircut. Had the most uninspiring meeting. Finally came home and came to realization that after all that, tomorrow is only Tuesday.

These last few weeks I have been advancing from 'designing' my flat to mentally 'styling' it. At this stage most of the structural ideas were confirmed and being executed as of we speak. Ed will most certainly prefer that I don't give him anymore new thoughts.

Naturally I moved onto other detail and decorative stuff such as color, fabrics and rugs.

Speaking of rugs, I have my eyes set on something very 'Black and White'.  Browsing through Lonny.com, this type of black and white stripe rug seems to be very trendy at the moment. They go well with just about any style of design and color. More importantly, they don't look that costly and I found one in Ikea! I have been stressing about how much the rug cost here and looks like I have found myself a miracle.


星期一往往是難過的。晩了起床。趕上班。剪了個今人失望的短髮。開了個令人煩悶的會。終於回到家裡,才發現,明天只是星期二。

這幾星期我由'設計'於進升為'裝飾'。因為事到如今,所有結構上的意念己經在建立中。大概Ed並不再想見到再多的構思。

順利成章地,我便多放時間於期他小節與裝飾,好像是顏色,布料及地氈。


說起地氈,我在終情於'黑白分明'的。在Lonny.com裡看到有很多這樣的款式。看來很流行,又跟很多設計和色調到合襯。最重要的是,價錢合理。我竟然在宜家找到!





Ikea!

 Another black and white rug is a zebra print one. I don't usually like 'glam' things but this one will work well for my studies. Best to tone it down a bit with other more simple and modern furniture though. (Don't mean to be hypocritical but please try to use a fake zebra rug. They look just as nice.)




www.atelierabigailahern.com sells them.

No comments:

Post a Comment