Saturday, December 29, 2012

Study Room


Mood board for the study room


Hopefully the study room will come across classic and classy with two dark grey bookcase on each side. Even though either one of us reads a lot, we have accumulated lots of books throughout the years.

This room was carved out from part of the living/dinning area. In order to reserve the light and window, we will have a semi-open design by installing two sliding doors that will remain open most of the time. 

I will reuse my old dinning table set as desk and desk chairs. The table was dark reclaimed wood and the chairs are peacock blue. That was my turquoise phase obviously and in need for some updates. I will re-upholstered it with Westbury's wool collection in pin stripe. Atfield sells them.

I am yet to find a nice rug in light color for this room that won't cost me an arm. Most likely than not will go without it. Although my old Laura Ashley chandelier will go very well here, I decided to save it for the corridor.

So far this is my favorite room.

No comments:

Post a Comment