Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Not love at first sight II

Steve and I are very similar in many ways, which means that it is our instinct to say no when being introduced to a new concept. Introducing a new design piece to him will get the same result. He doesn't like most things that he hasn't been exposed to and he hasn't been exposed to most things.

I might have had the same reaction on the 'swing arm light' initially, as he did today. He was calling them a 'retarded robot arm'. Oh well, one of us has to make the executive decision here and he will learn to appreciate it in due course.

I am thinking of hanging one in my study room. Personally I prefer the 'wall hung' ones better than the ceiling ones. I also prefer the 'one armed ones' over the 'spider ones'.

Here are some inspirational photos:

Designed by Paolo Razzato. You can find them here.





Potent Lamp by Jean Prouvé and Charlotte Perriand.











Serge Mouille's spider lamp.




Gus Modern's vintage swing arm lamp.







No comments:

Post a Comment