Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Boon

Lola was invited by her friend to a birthday party on Saturday. She came back with a pink ballon which kept her occupied for 2 days. She called it 'the boon' and 'the boon fying!'. She couldn't figure out why it keep floating up to the ceiling instead of staying on the floor like the rest of the balls.

Speaking of BOON. I finally managed to get my hands on the new Piet Boon book. It isn't easy finding a book store in Hong Kong that holds a good collection of coffee books.





He is one of my favorite designers. I doubt he needs my introduction here. For those who wants to know more you can check out his website www.pietboon.com. Piet Boon started as a a contractor. Now he not only is an internationally renowned designer, he also has his own collection of furniture, flooring and wallpaper. His wife Karin Meyn is his creative director who also has a book out recently.


I like his use of natural material such as wood, simple fabric and concrete. I like his use of neutral color such as grey, black and blue. I like his furniture, which is simple, yet full of fine details and craftsmanship.

The book contains a number of new projects in the Netherlands, Africa and even Korea. There are many great photos but this one in particular speaks to me.

I think I will re-upholster one of my turquoise chair in this lavender color and place it in the study room - and name it the Piet Boon chair.



As I was finishing this posting, she summoned me into her room and gave me a kiss and a hug. Mommy's heart melted.............

1 comment: