Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The dilemma of a rug

Lately I have been very troubled by the search of rugs. Buying a nice rug isn't hard in Hong Kong. Finding a nice but inexpensive one is close to impossible. Like all things here, there is the high end market and there is Taobao.com.

By the time a reasonably priced product arrive, it is instantly turned into something unreasonable after you add on rent and shipping.

I can go for my cheap and cheerful Ikea black and white rug but Steve already said he didn't like the texture. (How wonderful to have a live-in customer who always dissatisfied.) Everything else that I like are super pricey.

I checked with the Rug Company via Lane Crawford, who made beautiful rugs. But they cost more than HKD50,000, takes months to ship from London and most don't even make it in the size I want.

If you have any solutions I'd like to know.

Ikea

The Rug Company






These ones are from the Fort Street Studio. 








No comments:

Post a Comment