Saturday, February 23, 2013

Count Down - 1 more week

The day I anticipated for months was finally approaching. We are set to move next week!

Surely a few things might not be ready when we moved in - the kitchen countertop, our new dinning table and sofa, bedside tables etc - but overall I would consider this a pretty fast project. Thanks to Ed of course. 

Movers were booked. Things were being packed. The rest of the renovation was being rushed. Even my sister has been approved for taking a day off to look after Lola for us. This move has involved so many people. 

I am also looking forward to not paying rent anymore. 

The flat was still a mess this morning when I saw it and never had I seen so many workers there. Clearly they were rushing it for handover. What was left now, was painting, flooring, installing the rest of the glass petition, ceiling. In addition, we will have delivery of furniture and curtain next week. 

Visually it would be an entirely different scene in a matter of days. Wooohooo!

Speaking of wall painting, I have boldly ordered them to paint all the walls in 'fine silver' from Dulux. This is a tone much darker than anything I have used in the past. I thought it turned out pretty well, thanks to our bright flat with lots of windows. This was the as far as I can go with color, at least for now. You can see the effect below. They do have a hint of lavender don't they? That bit was quite unintentional. 


Entrance hallway. The workers were laying the foundation for the flooring. A plastic sheet and wood deck was laid underneath the flooring to protect it from moisture. It was a noisy job. Sorry neighbors! 


Living room. You can see the balcony from a distant. I had big plans for it but decided to go simple - white wall, white bars with a grey top and concrete floor.

TV cabinet is yet to be concreted up. Can't wait to see how it turned out. I was convinced that I was the first to do it like this in HK!




The wood flooring pieces were being unpacked. Beautiful isn't it?



A cast of workers here.


Master bedroom.


They added a marble top on the window sill. This was the same one we used for the bathroom.


Guest bathroom. They changed the faucet.


Master bedroom.


Lola's room.



They have managed to enlarge the shower area for the master bathroom.


....and finally marbled up this bar.


No comments:

Post a Comment