Monday, February 25, 2013

Count Down - 4 days

Had a routine appointment with the OBGYN today. Funny enough my weight hasn’t increased for a month already. To compensate, I immediately had a box of cookie and a big bubble tea.  

Received a call from Play the kitchen people who said that the countertop won’t be ready until next Monday – that means we will have 3 days without a functionable kitchen. It isn’t the end of the world but hugely inconvenient in a 5 people household. I asked them to at least install all the electronic appliances. He said “oh but when they might be scratched up if we install them before the countertop!” Well no shit Sherlock, but I have to cope with that don’t I? How can I not even have a fridge? Had he told me sooner, I would have postpone the move, now it is all too late.

The following picture summed up all the progress so far. Wall paint was mostly done. The first coating of concrete was applied to the TV cabinet. It wasn't bad but not that apparent. I asked them to darken the second coating to create a bigger contrast. currently its color is too similar to the wall.

Last but not least the wood flooring is being laid as of we speak. I have no doubt that it will be beautiful.  Almost there!



No comments:

Post a Comment