Sunday, December 30, 2012

Bathrooms


The design of both bathrooms were the most difficult ones to come to terms with. I kept saying this but we really were handcuffed by the limited space.

The children bathroom's main function was for baths but it should also be usable for shower in case we have guests. I personally dislike shower curtains but having glass petition will make bathing the kids difficult. Well, something's got to give. Bath it was, although will try to hang the shower curtain from the ceiling to make it look more elegant like this picture in the mood board. Frankly, I wasn't sure if that was do-able. I haven't brought it up with Ed yet and usually that means he had overlooked it.

The master bathroom have to have both shower and bath functions. We decided to make this one a bit bigger. The bathtub and the shower will be lined up one after another on one side, washing basin and toilet on the other.

Material wise we can only pick the grey wood grain marble as seen on the left upper hand corner. Again, I wasn't given a whole lot of options to choose from here. I will use a glossy finish on the white cabinets and my favorite concrete floor. I personally think that the look and feel of a white bath mat on a grey raw concrete floor was the most beautiful thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment