Sunday, December 30, 2012

Lola's Room



I was weary of making Lola's room too sterotypical. Hence, I will use grey as the main color. Pink will appear only on rug or perhaps cushions. The original idea is to have wall stickers similar to the one below. At the end, I decided that she might outgrow that pretty quickly. Perhaps using removable garlands and wall decor will be a smarter alternative.

Nonetheless, these were the wall stickers I found. They were all beautiful.


This was the original.


This was from Cox and Cox








This one was from Love Mae




Lola will be so excited to have all her things like teepee and toy kitchen in her room. The rest of the furniture will be from Ikea. They look decent enough and children grow out of their tiny furniture very quickly. I won't spurge on them.

The most challenging thing was to find nice bedding for kids. They were either too tacky, too expensive or not sold here at all. I stumble across Ketiketa, a Nepalese made children clothing & bedding brand, unfortunately, they seem to only sell it outside of the country. Having a Nepalese trainer who just went back to Napelese didn't really help.


One store here that was quite brilliant was Petit Bazaar. They have a collection of European brand for children. I wanted to bring the entire store home including its interior designer Peggy Bels.

No comments:

Post a Comment