Friday, April 26, 2013

Completion of the project


It has nearly been 2 months since I last blogged. Piper was born in late March, all 8 pounds of her! We settled nicely in our new flat while we waited patiently for our new furniture to arrive and other parts to fall into places slowly. 

Too bad I wasn't a skillful photographers but I have tried my best to capture the essence of my proud design. I must say I am happy with it and received quite a few compliments from friends. 

A walk-through......


Entry way, featuring a L shape shoe cabinet + cupboard. This massive storage space makes Steve a happy man. Finally his wife won't be forbidding him to buy new running shoes....until he filled this one up that is. 

I said it many times but I will say it again - love the laminate we use for the cabinet. 

I am still searching for a stool or something to place near the mirror for people to put their shoes on. Or perhaps a runner.  





Dinning room. I love the ceiling pendant, except I should have been more aggressive and bought a size to two bigger.



Loving the view on a bright sunny afternoon.




Glad we pushed the wall back to open the living/dinning area, even if it meant to leave a pillar in the hallway. As a matter of fact, I think it bring a certain character to it. 

I was spent a long time looking for a new modern ceiling light for the living room to go with the pair. At the end, I used my own chandelier from Laura Ashley. Looks pretty good!
















Great couch from Tree. It is so professionally done. We got the rug from Ikea, and we could have gone a size bigger as well. 
 


Proudly present my epic TV cabinet, featuring a concrete platform in the middle. 



My favorite room, the Study room. 









This long hallway has become the signature. Lola loves running down it. Steve said it reminded him of his childhood house and it was handy for me to rock the baby while walking up and down it.

Needs a few more pieces of art but hey Rome wasn't build in one day.









Piper's room aka family room. The wallpaper, the white couch and my own black & white rug really go well with one and other.




Perhaps Lola's room is my 2nd favorite room. I wish I had a room like this. Nothing expensive here, all Ikea + Etsy.





I really like this photo, looks a bit nostalgic. This is one of the two dressers I bought from My Woodz.







Master bathroom. I was very worried that the marbles were too busy but all turned out good. Love the concrete floor as well - can't think of using any other materials.





Kitchen. 

 






All in all this is my best piece of work, wrapped up in the shortest period of time. Padding myself on the back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment